Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. ~Luke 6:38
WBCL Write-a-Will Week is coming in October again this year. This is an opportunity for you to have a Simple Will created with volunteer attorneys. Simple Wills that contain at least one charitable bequest will be written at no cost.
2013 Write-a-Will participant, Amy, says she and her husband have different reasons for planning a will. She does it to ease the burden on her family when she passes. Her husband's reason was to ensure the family knows their wishes regarding their finances.
When asked about supporting organizations with a Simple Will Amy said they support charitable organizations because they believe that God calls them to do so. "We feel our financial contributions help to minister God’s word when we give to charitable organizations. Why would we choose not to leave this legacy at our passing?"
Consider making an appointment today because appointment slots fill up fast.
Call Dana to make your appointment
or send an e-mail
What is a Simple Will?
A Simple Will is one that allows for the naming of a personal representative for the estate, allows for simple, direct distributions of assets to surviving spouse, charities, and/or other beneficiaries and follows all applicable state requirements for witnesses and signatures. It may contain guardian appointments if there are children under age 18.
Who needs a Will?
EVERY person of legal age and of sound mind who owns personal or real property should have a Will
Why should you have a Will?
- To ensure that your family and loved ones will be protected and taken care of when you die
- To minimize estate or inheritance taxes
- You can leave money to your family AND your favorite charitable organization
- It is the only way to ensure that your wishes will be carried out after you’re gone, instead of having the law determine who inherits your assets
- Without a Will, your estate administration may be chaotic and far more costly than if you die with a valid Will
- Allows you to include a personalized statement of your faith or values
- YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of others!
WBCL knows that many of our listeners have a strong desire to help our ministry reach others for Christ and continue to provide Christ-centered, life-changing music and teaching to encourage one another in our walk with God. We strive to assist our donors who want to make a difference in the lives of others and future generations through their will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, or other plan.
Special Thanks to our volunteer attorneys who will partnering with WBCL to provide this opportunity.
Mr. Stacy K. Somers
Stephen W. Adair
|Tracy L. Troyer, J.D.
|John S. Shaffer|
Michael W. Spangler
Michael A. Shaffer
| Ryan S. Breininger|
Mark S. Tipton
David E. Lacasse