Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. ~Luke 6:38
WBCL invites you to make an appointment to meet with one of our volunteer attorneys about your will and your charitable bequest. Simple Wills that contain at least one charitable bequest will be written with no cost for those who attend the event.
What is a Simple Will?
A Simple Will is one that allows for the naming of a personal representative for the estate, allows for simple, direct distributions of assets to surviving spouse, charities, and/or other beneficiaries and follows all applicable state requirements for witnesses and signatures. It may contain guardian appointments if there are children under age 18.
Who needs a Will?
• EVERY person of legal age and of sound mind who owns personal or real
property should have a Will
Why should you have a Will?
• To ensure that your family and loved ones will be protected and taken care of
when you die
• To minimize estate or inheritance taxes
• You can leave money to your family AND your favorite charitable organization
• It is the only way to ensure that your wishes will be carried out after you’re
gone, instead of having the law determine who inherits your assets
• Without a Will, your estate administration may be chaotic and far more costly
than if you die with a valid Will
• A Will allows you to include a personalized statement of your faith or values
• YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of others!
WBCL knows that many of our listeners have a strong desire to help our ministry reach others for Christ and continue to provide Christ-centered, life-changing music and teaching to encourage one another in our walk with God. We strive to assist our donors who want to make a difference in the lives of others and future generations through their will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, or other plan.
One WBCL listener and supporter, Doug Lehman, shares this:
"If you love WBCL and are an active listener who has received faith, strength, and joy from WBCL, please consider passing along some of the estate you have received from your parents or plan to give a portion of your own estate. I've planned to do just that. If we all put WBCL in our estate planning, the gift that WBCL represents can go on for many generations."
Special thanks to our volunteer attorneys who will partnering with WBCL to provide this opportunity.
Tom Fink of Barrett & McNagny, LLP
Robert Rhee & Jesica Thorson of Beers Mallers Backs & Salin, LLP
Tracy Troyer of Boeglin, Troyer & Gerardot, PC